January 10, 2021, at 02:55 PM (0 comments)
The scoby is the byproduct of a healthy Kombucha. SCOBY stands for Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast.
We have been working on our SCOBY jerky recipe for a few months now and finally have it down!
Harvest a SCOBY ( new ones off a fresh brew are great), we make a batch weekly from our 2’ diameter scoby which is produced every 8-10 days.
SCOBY prep for Jerky
- cut fresh SCOBY into thin strips and lay on dehydrator tray.
- dehydrate at a low temperature for 8 hours at 100 degrees
- remove dried ( not totally dry) pieces and put them in a bowl.
- add your marinade ( we like soy sauce. Worstershire sauce, grated ginger, grated garlic, salt)
- Seal your bowl or bag mix it all up and store in the fridge for 8-24 hours.
- add the marinated SCOBY pieces back to the dehydrator and dehydrate at 125 degrees until dry.
Mine don’t typically make it to another storage device, because everyone seems to just graze by and eat it out of the dehydrator.
It is delicious, good for you and a great use for a SCOBY!
Step 2 (Dried Scoby, pre-marination)
Step 3 (Marinated SCOBY)
Step 4 (SCOBY Jerky finale)